Thursday, June 3, 2010

A sad occasion along with incredible generosity


I drove to the St. Croix this weekend to pay my respects to my Uncle David. After the very well attended visitation, I went out on the river with my fathers twin engine jetboat - going 60+ miles an hour really has a tendency to shrink a body of water. After putting on a bit of a demonstration of the boats capabilities (I ALMOST turned it upside down), I looked up on the bluff to see the normal gallery of family observers. I couldn't help but to think of what Dave would've thought of my antics...

It was nice to see the extended family again, and so soon after the last occasion. It's too bad it was under such sad circumstances. I don't think one should ever be so lucky to be in a family like mine.

Good news for Allez!:

Allez! has a temporary powerplant. Linda, my wonderful Aunt, is letting me borrow her 4HP Johnson until other power arrangements can be made. It will be great to see how a 2 stroke 4 horse works on the Santana 25. I suspect it will be a bit on the small side, but we'll see. I plan on getting an outboard of my own by the 4th of July so I can deliver the sorted Johnson back to Linda on the annual pilgrimage to the river. Hopefully she'll have a boat to put the motor on soon.

You're all going to have to excuse the lack of photographic evidence, but the wifi here at Eldean has a lot to be desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment